Monday, December 31, 2012

Lazy Girl's Guide to Wearing Sweatpants



Yes, I wear sweatpants on a regular basis, but I try not to look as sloppy as I can because I still want to be presentable. Jeans can be restricting. They make them too tight, so sweatpants give your legs "a day off". However, sometimes, we have to see people. I want to make sweatpants as wearable as possible, but I highly doubt we can wear it to work unless we are a personal trainer or a coach or an athlete. But for all of us who are going to school, I guess I will try to make it look like we tried :).

Tips:

1. Avoid wearing anything related to athletic gear on top as much as possible. Not only do they add bulk to your wonderful body, but they also add sloppieness to them. So, avoid wearing anything baggy on top.

2. Stick with plain sweatpants. Usually, those that are printed or have stripes down the side, it is hard to make them as unnoticeable or unsloppy as much as possible. Plain sweatpants are actually easier to hide.

3. Stick with dark neutral shades such as navy, black, burgundy, and dark grey. I feel as though those are the best colors to work sweatpants into your outfit because one: white can get messy, two: it looks cleaner, three: you have a plainer canvas.

1. Outfit #1: Regular Plain Black Sweatpants

Danskin
Target

Forever 21
  This what I usually wear on the days I do not want to get dressed up or put on jeans for that matter. Anyway, this outfit is usually my go to outfit whenever I want to wear sweatpants. I have a black pair of Danskin sweatpants which lasted me through a long time, and they are not too tight. That is what we are looking for since tight sweatpants or too loose sweatpants can give an impression that we are trying too hard. Now, the stripe shirt. My stripe shirt is from American Eagle from years ago, but it will make the eye go upward, away from the sweatpants. Also, the orange scarf will help do that too. You can wear flats or canvas shoes with this, but avoid athletic sneakers. (Sweatpants can also be in dark grey or navy)

2. Outfit #2: Cuffed Sweatpants

Anywhere


BDG Pearl Snap Western Denim Shirt
Urban Outfitters
Beaded Ikat Wideband in accessories-hair-accessories
Free People
                       This outfit is great if you are having a bad hair day too :). Cuff sweatpants are actually more difficult to make it look not so bad. Why? I have no idea, but it can actually look approtiate by adding a denim shirt. Denim is uncomfortable on the legs because of today's manufacturing, but as a shirt, it is very comfortable. The headwrap, will again, draw attention upward (and hide bad hair if we have it). Again, try not to wear athletic shoes with this outfit. (Sweatpants can be in either dark neutral color such as black, dark grey, navy, or burgundy).
 
3. Outfit #3: Tight Sweatpants
Charlotte Russe
 
Anywhere
Forever 21
Forever 21


 
Probably least noticeable pair of sweatpants, if worn right, will be the skinny sweatpant, not the overly tight ones that fit like leggings. All we really need to do is add a looser top to counter balance the tightness of the jeans, add texture, and bring the attention to the face and top to avoid sloppiness.
 
Here are my 3 ways to wear sweatpants in a way where we do not look like a slob :). It took me awhile to get the hang of it, but once I did, it got easier. Many people frown upon wearing sweatpants, but I think that if it were done right, it looks good. Anyway, live life comfortably.
 
Again, if I offended you in anyway, email your complaint to my colleague's email lillianjuly24@aol.com. I mean no harm. If you have any questions email or comment :).
 
With Love,
 
Violet Sar Bleu
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment